How to solve SSD not shoing up?

          Hi everyone, I recently bought a data SP 900 256 gig SSD. I popped in my computer and the SSD not Showing up. So I did some digging on Google and I found out that this is quite a common problem with new SSDs. So I decide to make this guide to help everyone out that's having the same problem and how to properly configure their new SSD in about 5 minutes.

How to solve SSD not recognizes.

                                                  Image 1

        So let's get going the first thing that you'll see is that at this point my new SSD is not recognized by the computer (in Image 1). You can see my C and D drive but no SSD.  So first thing that you want to do is go into your BIOS or your device manager and check that the hard drive or SSD is actually been recognized by your computer.

                                               Image 2

image 3

        In this case I went into my device manager (in image 2) and you can see that the window is actually recognizing the SSD in the top left corner there. If Windows isn't recognizing or if it's not recognizing the BIOS there's a good chance you have a defective SSD and you should definitely return it. So the next step is to go back into control panel and you want to open up the Administrative Tools tab(in image 3) and under that you want to double click on computer management.  

 Image 4

         Image 5

          once you're in computer management you need to go down the list to where you see Disk Management(in image 4). you need to open that up and here you can see that my 256 gig SSD is recognized by the computer but it says it's unallocated. So to fix this you want to right click on the unallocated drive(in Image 5) and you want to click on new simple volume after that you'll be introduced to the new simple volume wizard this will configure the new hard drive and allow Windows to recognize it and use it like any other drive so click Next and then choose the partition. In this case I'm just going to keep it as a single partition click Next then assigns a drive letter. I'm going to keep it as E. I'm happy with that next then you want to label your drive. In this case I decided to label a data SP 900s d after that you need to click Next and finish and then the SSD will format itself the time of the formatting will depend on the size of the drive. Mine was only 256 gig SSD so the whole format took about I'd say 2 maybe 3 minutes it wasn't very long after it was done the a data SP 900 SSD popped up on the right and on the left under the computer manager you can see that the SSD is now listed as a healthy primary partition. So we can go back into my computer and you can see that the a data SP 900 SSD diet installed is now being properly recognized by the computer and is ready to use(in image 6).

Image 6

    So that's all you need to know about How to solve SSD not showing up and I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial and if you have any questions just leave your comments in the comment section and I will try to reply all of you thank you so much


Post a Comment

1 Comments